Alvin Pang was Singapore's 2005 Young Artist of the Year for Literature, and was conferred the Singapore Youth Award (Arts and Culture) in 2007. Listed in the Oxford Companion to Modern Poetry in English, he is active in festivals and publications worldwide. Author of over a dozen books, his writing has been translated into more than twenty languages.
- 2015 – UNION: 15 years of Drunken Boat / 50 years of writing from Singapore (Eds. Alvin Pang, Ravi Shankar. Singapore: Ethos Books, 2015)
- 2012 – When the Barbarians Arrive (UK: Arc publications, 2012)
- 2010 – The Poems of Yeng Pway Ngon – Vol 1: Rebellion (Trans. Goh Beng Choo, Alvin Pang. Singapore: Ethos Books, 2010)
- 2011 – What Gives Us Our Names (Singapore: Math Paper Press, 2011)
- 2017 – Doctoral Candidate (Practice of Creative Writing)
- 2008 – JCCI Foundation Education Award recipient
- 2007 – Singapore Youth Award (Arts and Culture)
- 2005 – National Arts Council Young Artist of the Year (Literature)
WORKSHOPS BY ALVIN PANG
*NOTE: Alvin Pang is available for author talks and workshops through Sing Lit Station's Book A Writer programme. The content / topics of Alvin's author talks and workshops are to be discussed directly between educators and our Book A Writer organiser Jon Gresham. To contact Jon, do fill in our enquiries form below.
Book A Writer is Sing Lit Station's workshop-for-schools programme, featuring a roster of Singapore's most important writers at work today. *Do you want to Book A Writer? For enquiries on Alvin Pang's availability and workshop rates in Sing Lit Station's Book A Writer programme, do fill in the form below. Messages should take no longer than 2-3 days for a reply.