TranslateSingapore marks its third year as The Select Centre transforms September into “SG Translation Month”. Featuring more than 20 programmes spread over four weekends, this month-long festival celebrates our rich linguistic diversity and all things intercultural. The festival will come to a close on 30 Sep, otherwise known as International Translation Day.
Based on the theme of what can be “Gained in Translation”, the festival’s highlights include:
- the launch of The Select Centre’s online literary magazine, Canopy, which showcases translations, essays, and other materials relating to language and culture.
- our “Comics and Translation” Forum, which takes an unprecedented look at how the popular medium of comics can further intercultural dialogue and understanding;
- the “A Tale of Two Languages” lectures, in which world-renowned language expert David Moser and award-winning writer Mohamed Latiff Mohamed offer critical insights into the Chinese and Malay languages respectively;
- a dramatised reading of The Blue Forest a local children’s picture book, in three languages – Chinese, Malay, and Tamil;
- and many other highlights, such as comics translation workshops; the back-by-popular-demand Let’s Learn Our National Language class by writer/playwright Alfian Sa’at; and more!
For more information on the festival, do click on the link provided below.
EVENT WEBSITE: The Select Centre
DATE AND TIME
9-30 Sep 2017, various times